yet somehow, it is still so easy to forget.
i neglect the work of cultivating thankfulness. i complain and dwell on frustration and disappointment. i choose bitterness over joy.
forgive me, Lord, for my idol of self and for withholding praise.
even in the midst of a season that overwhelms and tries my patience, God is good and gracious and generous beyond measure.
just like you've always been. give me eyes to see, and open my lips that i may return thanks. renew a right spirit within me.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." -James 1:17
an ongoing record of the riches of God's blessings:
1. my sister is done with chemo!!!
2. my father's quiet faith, work ethic, and laughing eyes
3. seeing the kids light up when jim comes home
4. snuggled close, napping with dylan in her daisy bed
5. orange bursting tiger lilies and d's cheerful announcing of each new bloom
6. childlike wonder and an eye for detail
7. craigslist deals and impromptu trips through winding country roads
8. corralling four escaped chickens with minimal effort and much laughter
10. picking crisp snow peas, still warm from sunshine
11. backseat baby belly laughs make car rides light
12. a season pass and the promise of community
13. the graces of marriage and forgiveness and the blessing of adult conversation
14. a sabbath for jim and much needed family time
16. the start of camp and the excitement of what God will do this summer in the lives of nearly 2000 campers and staff
16. trees alight with thousands of fireflies and jim home and dylan up to appreciate it. (even croup provides moments of sweetness.)
thank you, Lord, for these precious gifts.
ShoutLaughLove starts tomorrow. i hope you'll come back and link a story of life along the way:)